Fresh fruit trifle. Sweet, lively, and delicious. This easy and delicious sponge cake recipe (aka sponge cake pudding or fruit sponge cake) is the perfect dessert to adorn the table. It consists of mixed fruit, eggless sponge cake, and whipped cream. Prepare this delicious fruit trifle recipe in 30 minutes and serve chilled. Food Healthy will help you how to make Fresh fruit trifle.
About this fresh fruit trifle
Fresh fruit trifle pudding is an amazing dessert because of its bright color and delicious taste. It’s also easy to make and perfect if you have leftover sponge cake. What’s more, you just need 5 ingredients to prepare it!
This fun layered dessert is British and traditionally made with fruit, alcohol-soaked sponge cake, and custard. The great thing about sponge cake pudding is that it can be made in so many different ways, it’s all up to you. My non-alcoholic recipes include custard, whipped cream, and fruits like pomegranates, bananas, apples, and fresh figs.
Fresh fruit trifle was the first dessert I learned about in culinary school. I didn’t know this pudding existed until then. The flavor and texture are outstanding, and it’s an instant favorite.
The first time I made something for my parents at home was a sponge cake bought from a bakery. Now I make it myself at home and it tastes much better. This famous British dessert remains a family favorite to this day, and some of our readers have requested it too.
What are the layers of a fresh fruit trifle with friend?
Petit fours are a layered, colorful dessert that is as satisfying as it is eye-catching. It is made up of various layers, which are:
- Vanilla Cake or Cookie Chunks
- Whipped cream
- Mixed fruit
All the layers are in my recipe except the jelly. I didn’t add any jelly because the finished jelly contains gelatin. If I had to make any kind of jelly from agar at home, it would take a lot of time. So I left out the jelly.
If you have ready-made veggie jelly packets, you can prep the jelly a day in advance and use it later. You can also add jelly liquid to the pudding. However, preparing the custard this way takes time because you have to put it in the fridge for the jelly to set.
Fresh fruit trifle pudding is a great party dessert. It’s easy to assemble, refrigerate, and serve. You can also serve the layers separately in dessert cups and bowls. This is a kid-friendly recipe as I didn’t use sherry or any other alcohol.
How to make fresh fruit trifle with friends?
To make the pudding:
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring 2 cups of milk to a boil.
- While heating the milk, combine the sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a large bowl. Gradually add the remaining 2/3 cup of milk, stirring until there are no lumps. Stir in the eggs and beat to a smooth consistency.
- Once the milk has boiled, slowly add it to the sugar mixture, stirring constantly. Pour the entire mixture back into the saucepan, stirring constantly until it comes to a simmer. Cook for an additional minute until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract for fresh fruit trifle.
- (If pudding has lumps, pass through a fine-mesh sieve.) Place pudding in a heatproof bowl, cover it with plastic wrap and press directly onto the top of the pudding. Refrigerate until chilling is complete. Store in the refrigerator.
Spoon the cream into a large bowl. Beat for a few seconds at high speed with an electric mixer. Add the ground sugar and vanilla and continue whisking until stiff peaks form.
Slice or shred the angel cake into pieces. Prepare fruit by washing and slicing as desired. Add a layer of cake slices to the bottom of the sponge cake. Pour a few tablespoons of pudding over it. Add a variety of fruit, followed by a few spoonfuls of whipped cream. Repeat this process until the little thing is filled. (I’m too lazy to create “perfect” layers).
Refrigerate until ready to serve or up to 2-3 days (fruit in muffins is best eaten during the day).
Pudding: Substitute your favorite flavor, or a large box of the store- bought moment vanilla pudding. Prepare in accordance with package instructions.
Angel Food cutlet There’s a great manual form, or you could substitute manual or store-bought unheroic cutlet or white cutlet.
Fruit uses any fruit you like, or have on hand including strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, snorts, pineapple, public servant oranges, grapes, bananas, and kiwi.
Fresh fruit trifle Use chocolate cutlet, and chocolate pudding.
What’s the best way to layer fresh fruit trifle ?
There are two things to keep in mind when layering small things:
- Firmness – This is probably the most important thing to consider when layering your fresh fruit trifle. Place delicate fruits like raspberries and blackberries near the top, and heavier fruits like strawberries, kiwis, and grapes near the bottom.
- Color & Texture – This is purely for donation purposes. When planning your layers, try to mix up the colors and textures. Make a pattern or use only selected colors. Like red and green around Christmas – Make a design or use only certain colors for fresh fruit trifle.