Double Chocolate cookies have a buttery aroma, very suitable for making snacks on sad afternoons. With small variations from the traditional butter biscuits, chocolate cookies with small chocolate particles on the surface promise to be a suitable snack for you in meetings with friends, or can become Small gifts for loved ones. Let’s go to the kitchen with Food Healthy to make delicious Soft Double Chocolate Cookies at home.
The history of Soft Double Chocolate Cookies
Soft Double Chocolate Cookies are a famous American cake. Double Chocolate Cookies was created by chef Ruth Graves Wakefield when she transformed a traditional cookie recipe by adding chopped chocolate chips to the dough. Since its appearance around 1938, chocolate chip cookies have become famous for their unique flavor from the variation recipe. To this day, this cake is still loved by many people.
Soft Double Chocolate Cookies is a compact meal that is rich in energy, very suitable to be used as a snack for young boys or girls or busy office workers… The taste that conquers the majority of Double Chocolate Cookies is also Especially suitable for use in afternoon tea, picnic, party or birthday.
How to make Double Chocolate Cookies easily
- Flour: 300 grams
- Sugar: 150 grams
- Fine salt: 1 gram
- Baking soda: 2.5 grams (baking soda)
- Pure cocoa powder: 10 grams
- Unsalted Butter: 185 grams (butter)
- Fresh chicken eggs: 2 eggs
- Chocolate chips: 100 grams
Step 1: Making butter and egg mixture
– Butter to make Soft Double Chocolate Cookies should be animal butter, the higher the quality of the butter, the better the finished cookie product will be.
– Let the butter soften naturally at room temperature, but not so soft that it becomes mushy or watery and won’t make the cake.
– Cutting the avocado into small pieces to make it easier to spread.
– With 2 fresh eggs, you should keep them in the refrigerator, then take them out and separate the whites, only take 2 yolks to make Soft Double Chocolate Cookies.
– Putting all the softened butter in a bowl and beat until smooth. Then add the 2 egg yolks that have been separated above and 7.5 ml of vanilla essence into the butter bowl and mix well until the ingredients are completely blended together. Then you will get a homogeneous mixture.
Step 2: Mixing chocolate cookie dough
– Putting all the prepared dry ingredients including 300 grams of flour 11, 150 grams of sugar, 1 gram of fine salt and 2.5 grams of baking soda into another mixing bowl.
– Adding 10 grams of pure cocoa powder to the same flour mixture and mix well to combine the ingredients.
– If you don’t have powdered sugar, you can replace it with pureed white sugar or regular sugar. However, the mixing time will take longer to dissolve the sugar completely.
– Sieving the flour mixture just mixed through a sieve to remove all the clumps or grit, the dough is smooth, the cake after making will also be more delicious.
– Slowly putting the flour mixture into the butter bowl 2-3 times, each time you put it in, you need to mix it well, the ingredients are mixed, then add the 2nd and 3rd times until the bowl of flour is gone.
– Adding 100 grams of chocolate chips and mix well with the mixed powder.
Step 3: Shaping the Double Chocolate Cookies
– Taking a sufficient amount of dough and make round balls according to the size you want.
– Then, using warm hands to flatten the dough. Finally, sprinkle chocolate chips on top and you’re done. Then sprinkle some chocolate chips on the cake to decorate.
Step 4: Baking Double Chocolate Cookies
– Preheat the oven before baking chocolate chip cookies for 15 minutes at 190 degrees Celsius.
– If you want a crispy cake, bake it at 190 degrees C for 12 minutes. After the first 8 – 9 minutes, turn the baking tray upside down and continue to bake for another 3 minutes until the edge of the cake is slightly golden brown.
– If you want the cake to be crispy but still retain its softness, bake the chocolate chip cookies at 170 degrees Celsius for about 15 minutes. And also return to the cake tray to bake again after 10-12 minutes.
– When the cake is baked for enough time, it should not be taken out immediately, but should open the oven door slightly, leave the cake in there for about 3-5 minutes before taking it out.
Step 5: Finished products and storage
– The finished product is a beautiful brown cake, when eaten, you will see the crunchiness but not hard, the aroma of butter, and the sweet and slightly bitter taste of chocolate.
– Storing chocolate chip cookies for 2-3 weeks in no moisture condition, keeping the cake in a sealed bag or box, with an extra desiccant bag is best.
Double Chocolate Cookies are not difficult with Food Healthy way of making, right? Take advantage of the weekend to rest, go to the kitchen and make this cake for your loved ones.