If you’re looking for an easy chicken dinner recipe, this Spice Herb Chicken Pasta is for you. Delicious and flavorful pasta recipe for weeknight dinners for the whole family, featuring sliced tender, juicy chicken breasts.
There are a million and one ways to make chicken breasts, and this lemon chicken pasta recipe is a great way to make grilled chicken breasts. For a complete meal without worrying about garnishes, this Spice Herb Chicken Pasta recipe is a great weeknight dinner option.
Rich fettuccine pasta simmered in garlic, Parmesan, artichoke, and spinach sauce, then topped with thinly sliced cooked chicken breast. This recipe is an easy chicken and pasta dish that will become a weekend family favorite. Let’s go to the kitchen with Food Healthy to make delicious Spice Herb Chicken Pasta at home.
Why You’ll Love This Homemade Spice Herb Chicken Pasta Recipe
EASY & ONE POT: An easy-to-make pasta dish made with pantry staples, all cooked in one pan. You don’t have to worry about both sides.
So delicious: The flavors of this pasta dish make you want to spend seconds.
FAMILY-FRIENDLY RECIPES: This Lemony Chicken Pasta recipe isn’t one of those foods where you don’t have to worry about your kids eating it. It works for everyone!
Raw materials and replacement parts required.
- Olive oil: You may use any other oil of your choosing.
- Chicken Bellies: We used boneless without skin. We also prefer to use chicken breasts because they are leaner, but if you prefer chicken thighs, you can go ahead and use thighs.
- Salt and pepper: Adjust to flavour. If in doubt, always start with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
- Herbs de Provence: We love the unique flavor of this herb, but it might not be easy to find. Don’t worry, you can make your substitutions using 1/4 teaspoon of each of the following herbs: rosemary, thyme, and oregano
- Pasta: As you can see, we use fettuccine, whole wheat, gluten-free, or any pasta of your choice.
How to Make This Easy Spice Herb Chicken Pasta with Chilies
Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large frying pan on medium-high heat. I use a large one to finish off the Spice Herb Chicken Pasta inside.
Add the chicken and season** with salt, pepper, and herbs de Provence (see notes). Cook 4 to 5 minutes per side or until they are well cooked. Let it sit on a cutting board for a few minutes before slicing.
Meanwhile, bring water in a stockpot to a boil. Add 1/2 tsp salt and noodles. Cook according to package directions, then reserve 1 cup of pasta water before draining.
In the same pan, you used to cook the chicken, add the remaining tablespoon of oil. Saute the garlic for 30 seconds over medium heat. Stir in the artichokes and spinach, stirring frequently, until the spinach is tender.
Place the pot on the stove and add the cooked pasta, pasta water, and other ingredients.
Swirl for a few minutes to combine. Enjoy now!
Recipe Tips and Tricks
Don’t forget the Spice Herb Chicken Pasta. The starchy water helps the flavors stick to the pasta and allows the pasta to mix better. If you forget, you’ll have to improvise.
Don’t overcook the chicken so it doesn’t feel dry and rubbery.
Don’t worry if you can’t find Herbes de Provence, use equal parts rosemary, thyme, and oregano.
If you don’t want to use chicken, you can use any other protein. Prawns is also an excellent option.
You can make this pasta dish healthier with whole wheat pasta, lentil pasta, or some zucchini noodles.
Fresh spinach is preferred. If you choose frozen, be sure to thaw and drain first.
Store leftovers in a hermetically sealed container in the fridge for 5 days.
- Chicken Thighs – 4 pcs, boneless and skinless
- Cumin powder – 2 tsp
- Dried Oregano – 2 tsp
- Sumac – 1 tsp
- Cracked Black Pepper – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Fresh dill leaves – one tablespoon, chopped.
- Fresh coriander leaves – 1 tablespoon, minced.
- Lime – 1, juiced
- For the noodles,
- Pasta – 1 lb (or use your favorite pasta)
- Butter – 4 tbsp
- Garlic – five to six cloves, finely chopped.
- Red Pepper Flakes – 2-3 tsp (or as needed)
- Fresh dill leaves – some for garnish
- Grated Parmesan cheese – for garnish Spice Herb Chicken Pasta (optional, I didn’t use it)
- Herb-Rubbed Roast Chicken: Rinse and pat chicken thighs dry. In a small bowl, combine ground cumin, oregano, sumac, black pepper, salt, dill, and cilantro. Spread this spice mixture generously over the chicken pieces. Also, squeeze some lime juice over the chicken.Refrigerate at least 1/2 hour.
- In the meantime, preheat the oven to 400ºF Spice Herb Chicken Pasta. Place chicken on a wire rack over a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes or until juices run clear when pierced. (Parts with bones may take more time.)
- Cover the chicken with aluminum paper to keep it warm.
- Garlic Butter Spice Herb Chicken Pasta In a deep saucepan, melt the butter and add the chopped garlic. Saute the garlic over medium-high heat until fragrant and lightly golden. Don’t let the garlic burn or it will become bitter.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook Spice Herb Chicken Pasta. Drain the pasta, reserving a few tablespoons of the starchy cooking liquid.
- Toss the noodles in the garlic butter sauce. Pour in some pasta water, if desired. Add red pepper flakes and fresh dill leaves for garnish.
- To serve: Stack the noodles on a platter, then top with sliced chicken.
- If you like, you can top it with some freshly grated cheese and serve it warm.
If you try a recipe and like it, please leave us some feedback on Spice Herb Chicken Pasta in the comments section below, and don’t forget to rate it! We would appreciate it if you would share it with friends and family.