Prepare time: 20 min
Cook: 2 hr 30 min
Ready in: 2 hr 50 min
Duck and Pepper Stir Fry is one of the rustic and flavorful dishes. This dish can completely be made at home to exchange delicious dishes for the family. The sweet aroma of duck, fat from the liver, and a little spicy … make the duck cooked with green pepper super attractive. Imagine tearing a piece of crispy bread, dipping it in delicious peppery duck sauce, accompanied by a rich piece of duck meat and the taste of spicy green pepper. Food Healthy will show you how to make duck and Pepper Stir Fry with some easy steps.
Ingredients need to be prepared for duck and Pepper Stir Fry
- Siamese duck: 1 piece
- Potatoes: 500g
- Pork liver pate: 100g
- Ground pepper: 100g
- Green pepper: 2 pieces
- Fresh coconut: 1 piece
- 1/2 cup black pepper sauce
- Cornstarch: 100g
- Dried onion: 1 piece
- Garlic: 1 piece
- Green onion: 1 piece
- Chili: 2 pieces
Unlike chicken, if you eat duck, you should choose a male duck, because male ducks eat better than female ducks.
You should choose freshly pecked duck, look fresh and delicious, press the parts of the duck to be sure.
Observe the two sides of the duck’s thighs and breast, if it is tight, the meat is thick, you should not buy it. When turning the duck upside down, seeing it deformed, it is a water pump duck.
Press on the thighs and breast with your hands, the meat that is pumped with water is often fluttering and mushy.
Firstly, the duck meat is washed with clean water. Use white salt and crushed ginger to gently rub around the surface of the duck. Scrub for 2-3 minutes, then rinse again with clean water.
Finally rinse with water and cut the duck into bite-sized pieces. Marinate duck meat with 1 teaspoon of sesame oil, 1 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon of pepper, 1/2 part of minced onion and garlic. Marinating the duck about 30 minutes to infuse flavors.
Another materials preparation
Peeling the potatoes, wash them and cut them into pieces. When preparing potatoes, you should soak them in a basin of water.
Peeling the onion and garlic, wash and chop finely. Fresh chillies are washed and sliced diagonally. Green pepper washed and drained.
Directions for Duck and Pepper Stir Fry
– The first step to make duck and Pepper Stir Fry is to put the pan on the stove and heat the cooking oil. Fry all the potatoes until golden brown, then remove and drain the oil.
– Secondly, prepare another pan and add cooking oil and saute garlic until fragrant. Add the marinated duck meat and stir-fry until tender. Continue to put in the pan of coconut water from two Siamese coconuts, and at the same time add green pepper.
– Cooking over low heat until the duck meat is tender possible.
– Add the whole liver pate with the cooked fries. Simmer until the water in the pot is dry, season to taste.
– Prepare a small bowl, add tapioca and dissolve. Slowly pour the flour mixture into the pot and stir gently until the dish is thickened and the sauce is well blended.
– The last step is to present the dish on a plate and enjoy, sprinkle more green pepper on top to make the dish more fragrant and beautiful. This dish should be served with bread or white rice
Noted: You should cook on low heat to make the broth sharp again, don’t pressurize too high the food will not be delicious and not rich. Adjust the amount of pepper to suit the spicy taste of your family.
Some People do not have black pepper seasoning instead of skull pepper, in certain situations, the taste is still spicy, but in terms of taste, duck cooked with black pepper looks much more attractive when replacing black pepper seasoning with other spices.
Tips for deodorizing duck meat
We have 3 ways for deodorizing duck meat to have a delicious meal
- After cleaning duck meat, use ginger and alcohol before preparing this meat, should be used to remove the odor of duck meat. Squeeze the duck thoroughly with grated ginger or rub it with alcohol. This way will reduce the bad smell and will be gone.
- If you don’t have ginger and alcohol available in your home, there is a simpler and cheaper way to get rid of the unpleasant smell of duck: salt and vinegar. Mixing them together, rub thoroughly both inside and outside the duck many times, when eating, there will be no odor.
- If you do not have vinegar, you can substitute with lemon.
For directions of Food Healthy as above, hope that you can know how to make duck and Pepper Stir Fry for your family. This is a meal that is both delicious and nutritious. You can add duck and Pepper Stir Fry to add to your menu variety.